Competitive Plus Benefits
Salary: Attractive Salary
Plant, Operations, Assembly, Warehouse, NPI, Quality, CI, Management, Delivery
Our client is a niche automotive design and vehicle builder seeking to establish a presence in the South East. The business is currently undergoing a huge period of growth, with the introduction of new product lines and clients and as a result is looking for a Plant Manager to help establish a new manufacturing operation in the South East to support the scale up of production and growth plans for this exciting SME.
The successful candidate will be responsible for running a single site operation in a rapidly growing business, operating in a regulated market, within proximity of the customer. This is a start-up operation where you will support, and project manage the implementation of the plant with the Senior Leadership Team.
Leading an onsite management team, you will take charge of all phases of plant operation, including HSE, production, quality control, maintenance, and elements of supply chain, with a focus on building close customer relations, driving and improving production efficiency and profitability, setting and managing the financial budget for the site. As Plant Manager you will:
- Provide support and project manage the implementation phase of the plant.
- Provide strong leadership and direction to create and maintain a safe manufacturing environment that produces the highest quality products based on meeting customer requirements
- Lead the plant operations teams, providing motivation and support across all areas, including change management with clear objectives outlined to meet deadlines
- Drive the sales and operations planning for the site ensuring to maximise both plant and resources efficiently, while driving continuous improvement and quality
- Continually review processes with site management, allowing them to contribute to the strategic objectives outlined for the business
- Implement performance objectives and goals for teams and manage KPI data outputs
- Manage the daily output with the support of all site support functions and work in harmony with the functional Directors of the business, specifically sales, purchasing, IT, finance, and HR.
- Own the operational budget for the plant and drive cost reduction in line with the overall business strategy
- Ensure that the operation of the plant is in strict accordance with all relevant legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements, quality and environmental standards, health, safety, and wellbeing requirements.
- Ensure all controls, tests and technical reports are monitored and route cause analysis is carried out for any major mishaps.
Skills and experience required for the Plant Manager will be:
- Extensive experience as a Senior Leader overseeing a team of circa 100
- Experience working in a regulated industry, automotive sector experience is essential
- Experience of running a standalone site and working with a remote SLT
- Familiar with industry standards, such as ISO 9001 and IATF16949
- Six Sigma, black or green belt qualified preferred
- Demonstrable leadership, delegation and excellent inter-personal skills with the proven ability to establish and maintain good employee and customer relations.
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure and work to deadlines
- Effective use of problem solving and decision-making skills
- Efficiency, planning and organisational skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to be a major contributor to the growth and success of this organisation, helping it to achieve its potential and beyond as part of the Senior Management Team. Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Plant Operations Management, especially within a vehicle build, trim & final or niche vehicle manufacturer and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Plant Manager role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.