£26,901.20 - 26,901.20 per year
Title: Plant Attendant
Salary: £26,901.20 p/a
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Attendant to work at our client’s site in Wolverhampton, to maintenance the cleanliness and efficient running of the boilers and associated plant on site, including attending to all incoming/outgoing vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Loading of collected bottom ash, fly ash, ash discharge and incinerated tins from the plant for contractors to remove.
- Cleaning of ash residue left under ash conveyer belts and other subsequent areas.
- Driving the Front Loading Shovel (FLS) to remove waste build up and keeping the Tipping Hall doors free of waste.
- Effectively monitor and remove blockages in the Tipping Hall, tables and conveyer belts from the disposal of waste as well as other areas that may become blocked.
- Driving the Fork Lift Truck (FLT) for the removal and fitting of Big Bags from their stillage.
- Change and removal of Urea bags, and Active Carbon Bags on an incoming and outgoing basis.
- Supervise the loading and unloading of all waste/chemical deliveries.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the plant in relation to; floors, landings, boiler floor area, residue belts, tipping hall doors and other areas (list is not exhaustive).
- Monitor and through safe working practices prevent spillages.
- Fulfil the role of Plant Operator if/when necessary. This includes (and is not limited to) operating the overhead crane for the systematic removal of waste, accessing various parts of the plant (at height and ground level) to check instruments and gages.
Health & Safety:
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures.
- Active involvement in fire drills and evacuation exercises.
- Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and companies Safe working practices. This includes reporting accidents and incidents.
- As a minimum requirement to work towards acting as Acceptor within the Company’s Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
- The above duties are not exhaustive. The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- The use of Fork Lift Truck (FLT) and Front Loading Shovel (FLS) vehicles.
- A current first aid qualification would be desirable.
- Salary - £26,901.20 per annum. The hourly rate for OT is £12.2836.
- Shift pattern - 4-day shifts, 4 rest days, etc. (each shift is 12 hours long)
- Average working week = 42 hours. (06:00 – 18:00). The successful candidate will be required to work a 12-hour day shift rota, which will include working on Saturdays, Sundays, and Bank Holidays.
- Overtime - Mon to Sat is paid at 1.5x. Sundays and BH’s is paid at 2x.
- Holidays – The annual entitlement is 264 hours ( including bank holidays) rising to a maximum of 300 hours after four years’ continuous service with the company.
- Profit Share Bonus Scheme & Pension scheme/Auto Enrolment
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.