Location: Cradley Heath
Industry/ Sector: Forgings/Steel
A new Planning Manager is required with knowledge of MRP control and production scheduling.
Due to significant growth and expansion this company, requires a self-motivated and ambitious Planning Manager with planning and scheduling experience for a new permanent role.
As a Planning Manager you will be required to:
- Facilitate site capacity review process.
- Maintain planning schedule according to capacity review.
- Re-set the production plan according to Customer requirements or business priorities.
- Ensure accuracy of MRP and production parameters within the ERP system.
- Ensure product safety stock levels are monitored and maintained to ensure production continuation.
- Run weekly MRP process.
- Check MRP results and ensure requested materials and quantities are in line with actual requirements.
- Monitor and execution of appropriate manufacturing orders.
- Ownership of planning standard operating procedures.
- Support the company Continuous Improvement program at all times.
- Make suggestions for improvement and implement agreed actions.
- Lead and participate in improvement projects according to business requirements.
- Co-ordinate with company TPM program to ensure machine availability.
The Planning Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Production certification (APICS BASIC level 1).
- Lean Six Sigma.
- SIOP and shop-floor production schedule and sequencing.
- Purchase program calculation and MRP control (material requirements planning).
- MRP parameters.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of planning and scheduling and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Planning Manager role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .