Planning Engineer or Process Engineer - Coventry - Aerospace - Permanent - c£35,000
A Planning Engineer or Process Engineer is required with knowledge of Welding and Fabrication. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace sector would be well received.
Due to the continued growth and success of this company, a highly successful organisation who manufacture and assemble low volume, high value modules for the aerospace industry requires a proactive Planning Engineer or Process Engineer for a new permanent role. As the Planning Engineer or Process Engineer, you will be required to:
- Maintain and ensure continuous improvement of the businesses range of products.
- Optimise efficiency and performance ensuring process flow, tooling fixtures and manufacturing methods are cost effective and competitive.
- You shall identify and provide solutions to problems as they arise to avoid re-occurrences.
- Provide technical support across the manufacturing operations primarily within the Welding and Fabrication section.
- Improve current methods, fixtures, tooling and process flow to maximise profitability and drive down lead times whilst maintaining quality specifications.
- Carry out 6 Sigma projects alongside the CI Manager.
- Ensure that TPM is allocated on business-critical processes and equipment.
The Planning Engineer or Process Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally educated to HNC/HND Level or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of welding techniques to include MIG and TIG
- Good understand of manufacturing processes associated with Welding and Fabrication.
- Experience operating within the Aerospace sector is ideal but not essential
- Able to work directly with suppliers and customers and act as the technical subject matter expert.
- Must be able to communicate at a high level.
- Computer literate.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Welding and Fabrication manufacturing processes and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Planning Engineer or Process Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.