Planning Engineer - Controls
We have a new opportunity for a Planning Engineer within Controls for the planning function at a high-volume manufacturing plant in Birmingham. This role provides technical support for all manufacturing operations in their machining function. You will be modifying the controls of machining and assembly systems in a controlled manner to enhance and sustain production activities in the manufacturing operations environment.
As Controls Planning Engineer, you will be managing the resolution of any problems and looking at how you could introduce cost savings and productivity improvements.
Qualifications and Experience:-
- Qualified to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent (e.g. HNC, Membership of Professional Institution).
- Minimum of four-year apprenticeship in an electrical / mechatronical discipline.
- Ideally experienced in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Preferable knowledge with control systems of high volume production machinery.
- Knowledge of various lean manufacturing methods is advantageous.
Interested applicants should apply to this advert of contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Ltd for more information.