£25000 - £27000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
1st of February
Planner/Stock Controller (6FTC)
£25,000 to £27,000
Part of a British multinational food processing business turning over more than £15billion a year, our client is looking to strengthen its planning department at its new site in Lichfield by hiring a new Planner/Stock Controller on a 6 month fixed term contract whilst systems are settled in.
Reporting the Supply Chain Manager, the Planner/Stock Controller will proactively maintain optimised levels of stock, develop daily production/factory schedules in order to meet customer demand as well as facilitating New Product Introduction (NPI)
Working as part of a wider team of 6, you will manage wastage, internal stock transfers, planned maintenance, clean downs & resource requirements. There will also be associated administrative tasks, rough cut capacity planning for production & storage & associated KPI's / reports.
About the role
- Develop fully optimised production plans taking into consideration batch size & cross contamination matrix
- Review production and storage plans against sales to ensure stock levels are managed to meet customer requirements.
- Analyse stock discrepancies daily & fully resolve all issues to ensure system alignment
- Liaising with operations to ensure all messages are transferred in a timely manner to meet production & logistics demand.
- Develop a full working understanding of the stock management system.
- Take full ownership of the stock management processes.
- Proactive in analysing the stock management process to ensure it runs effectively.
- This role requires a capacity to investigate and interpret data, identify and action trends.
- Ideally, significant experience of working in a planning or production environment.
- Experience using MRP/ERP systems (Dynamics AX)
- Experience of demand planning & stock management systems within a food manufacturing environment
- High level of experience of using Microsoft Office.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills with the ability to analyse & evaluate data.
- Ability to demonstrate good presentation skills
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of demand planning and strong stock interrogation and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Planner/Stock Controller role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17