Role: Pipefitter / Welder
£14.58 p/h + Overtime
We are currently recruiting for a permanent pipefitter/welder to work for our client at their site in Redditch, the role will be to carry out manufacturing and installation work, and all aspects of pipefitting and welding.
- Use appropriate materials to complete fabrications by own measurements or working drawings.
- Highlighting manufacturing problem areas and liaising with supervisor and engineering regarding any technical issues.
- Capable of working with lighter grades of materials for dairy applications also achieving high quality finish with minimal distortion
- Competent in interpretation of Weld procedure specifications and engineering drawings and specifications and able to support others with less experience / competency.
- Able to undertake complex welds working in position in both pipe and plate
- Work closely with team to turn around items in an agreed timescale.
- Working as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Adhere to Health and Safety requirements and raise any concerns
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post
- 90% of work is with thin walled stainless steel
- Ensure work is done accurately
- Ensure quality is maintained
- Ensure work is done in a timely manner
- All staff are expected to:
- Deliver outstanding SHEQ performance every time. Sponsor the Behavioural Safety programme.
- Uphold the Companies Purpose and Core values
Experience and Skills:
- Evidence of welding codes to 281-1
- At least 5+ years Line experience in a customer facing role within the power and food industries.
- Valid Safety Passport
- Understanding of process systems.
- Experience within the confectionery industry
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.