Find out more about some of our Key Clients here or visit our case studies page to see how we support our clients.
Role: Pillar Liaison Manager - 38184
Location: Gaydon / Whitley
Rate: - up to £44.31/hr Ltd umbrella
This role sits in the Learning Academy and is responsible for linkage between nominated transformation Pillars (typically different areas) and the HR workstream in respect of Capability requirements. Close to the Transformation activities the role will be accountable for building clear requirements for capability development in order to deliver future business success. Building clear business cases, assessing audiences, and identifying relevant enterprise stakeholders will be vital to scope clear packages of work which will be tackled by the HR Capability team using an Agile operating framework. This will enable "Squads" to specify, source, or build the optimal solutions in a timely manner covering a diverse range of topics from specific technical skills growth, through to new ways of working that adopt and enhanced career long learning.
Effective operation will result from the role holder having outstanding partnering skills, a strong awareness of capability and learning development approaches / solutions, a pragmatic approach to being a key voice of the customer during agile sprints, engaging in decisions, identifying and coordinating relevant subject matter experts who can collaborate, co-create and validate, ensuring that solutions are adopted consistently and robustly, at all times keeping all parties connected on progress and tracking relevant KPI's.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely solutions which address the prioritised top technical skills to enable learners and their leaders to engage and apply new learning to enable enhanced personal, team and business performance.
- Effective flow of clearly scoped requirements to form a 'product backlog' and support the prioritisation of these requirements based on business value with the wider solution teams.
- Transparent information sharing on requirements, progress and timing.
- Alignment of solutions to support our business shift to Agile practices.
- Stakeholder satisfaction with solutions delivered using a Agile / Minimum Viable Product approach
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Partner with the transformation pillars to ensure technical capability agenda is aligned, adopted and engaged with to facilitate the development of solutions by the solution 'Squads' (Scrum Teams) and 'Technical capability Planning team'.
- Develop the clear business case and drive prioritisation of pillar requirements and needs.
- Drive clarity over pillar user groups / audiences and volumes to determine learning needs, development solutions and their scale. Understanding scarce / critical skills, and reviewing holistically how these requirements can be developed. Eg reskilling, upskilling, new hire, entry level skills growth and having a strong appreciation on what it takes to grow, embed and apply these to bring real business value.
- Support pilot deployment of new solutions - including supporting coordination with Purchasing, Finance and wider Academy teams.
- Work as part of Pillar Liaison team, to ensure requirements from different Pillars remain aligned, and that opportunities for enterprise-wide solutions are realised to enable economies of scale, remove duplication, standardise when appropriate and optimise cost.
- Work with the business to identify and align relevant subject matter experts to support the Scrum Teams to ensure that work is appropriately prioritised, assigned, and delivered to a high-quality standard within agreed timescales. In some cases this may include suppliers, or external partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of partnering with senior business stakeholders / working on complex projects, and proven track record of successful delivery with impact.
- Significant experience / ability to understanding the steps in building technical learning solutions. Able to identify the types of resources and estimate the size of different work items.
- Knowledgeable in Learning and Development methodologies (eg competency frameworks, learning needs analysis, adult learning pedagogy, approaches to assessment and evaluation).
- Able to challenge behaviours and actions which do not support the targeted change, and understand the cause of any barriers in order to make progress.
- Experience of writing requirements and communicating to others.
- Experience of working with multiple stake holders at all levels to identify needs and build solutions.
- A working knowledge of UK academic qualification levels (2 to 7)
- Experience of planning, sequencing and phasing projects
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
The role is INSIDE IR35.
To apply to this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.