Performance Systems Engineer - Powertrain
£Competitive plus benefits
A Performance Systems Engineer is required to play a crucial part in the development of modern off highway powertrain systems; verifying and optimising the system performance of an off highway diesel engine powertrain system. Candidates with familiar with off highway heavy duty machines & applications would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Performance Systems Engineer, based at their client's site in Peterborough, to undertake the generation and maintenance of powertrain system models and the analysis of simulation tasks and co-ordinate calibration of those models from real world testing data & engine test cell results. As a Performance Systems Engineer you will be required to:
- Preparation and supervision of powertrain simulation and testing
- Data analysis and assessment as well as documentation of test results and providing recommendations and reporting to key stakeholders
- Planning and execution of diesel engine systems simulation activities, including modelling and model calibration
- Support conceptualisation studies for future powertrain configurations and layouts
- Specification of physical engine test plans, including DoE studies
- Liaison with, and report to, multiple functional groups within the organisation
- Controls development and mathematical modelling using MATLAB / Simulink
- Through simulation, provide predictions on product performance and variability on engine systems, such as aftertreatment
The Performance Systems Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical, Automotive or related discipline
- Good knowledge of ICE fundamentals
- Understanding of ICE and EAS performance and control
- Understanding and experience of DoE and emissions modelling
- Proven project management skills
- High level competence using MATLAB / Simulink to develop, calibrate and analyse mathematical models
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good knowledge of ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) fundamentals to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Peterborough based role will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Performance Systems Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. Candidates must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK. If you have any questions about the Performance Systems Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.