Job Title: Performance Engineer
A Performance Engineer is required to join a growing, niche engineering company that specialise in the research and development of micro turbines for use in power generation applications. Successful applicants will likely be in a performance engineering role with strong analytical skills and will have experience in working with hybrid power generation systems.
Performance Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Working with the Lead Performance Engineer in order to refine and extend the steady state and transient unit performance models
- Post processing of data from unit test and rig tests
- Evaluating and quantifying areas of performance improvement opportunities
- Reviewing development unit and field unit data on component failures to provide support for subsystem work package owners
Technical Skills and Experience required for Performance Engineer
- Degree qualified in a relevant scientific discipline.
- A good knowledge of gas turbines or turbochargers and their workings.
- Experience working in a similar role for an R and D or Test function on hybrid power generation projects.
- Matlab programming experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce concise reports.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Performance Engineer to develop their career in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Coventry based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- Private healthcare
- Generous holiday allowance
Interviews for the Performance Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on this position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.