Performance and Dynamics Engineer is required for an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defence markets based in Gloucester. We are looking for talented engineers with a strong analytical background and you will be offered training in both landing systems development and the simulation software.
This is a varied and challenging role that provides a fantastic opportunity to develop your engineering skills. As a Performance and Dynamics Engineer, your main responsibilities include:
- Build computational models and run simulations. This includes but is not limited to; landing simulations, ground manoeuvre simulations and extension/retraction system simulations.
- Calculate static and dynamic loads.
- Conduct performance and frequency response analyses.
- Conduct stability, shimmy and modal analyses.
- Conduct failure case analyses.
- Correlate and validate computational models.
- Write and validate performance and dynamics requirements.
- Define and document simulation cases and pass/fail criteria.
- Optimise design solutions in conjunction with other engineering disciplines.
- Define test requirements and analyse and interpret test results.
- Generate strategies and plans for the performance and dynamics activities on a given programme.
- Ensure the application of processes, methods and lessons learned.
- Adhere to the programme schedules.
- Some travel may be required
Candidate skills and requirements:
- Experience of dynamic analysis and computational modelling and simulation or comparative experience in a similar discipline.
- Knowledge of landing gear structure and/or landing gear systems is preferable but not essential.
- Experience of model correlation and validation.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and/or hydraulics.
- Basic knowledge of systems engineering principles is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using MATLAB/Simulink, MSC ADAMS, MSC EASY5 and AMESim is desirable
- Knowledge of validation and verification processes, methods and techniques Knowledge of airworthiness requirements and certification is desirable
- You should be educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.