Up to £35/hr (DOE)
about 1 year ago
Perceived Quality Attribute Leader
Up to £35/hr
Initial 6 month contract
Exciting new contract opportunity for a Perceived Quality Attribute Leader!
Based in Norfolk, our client is an iconic manufacturer of British sports cars and is world renowned for its delivery of quality bespoke vehicles.
Perceived Quality is responsible for setting and delivering the aesthetical targets for new vehicles, assessing and reporting status during project phases and driving resolution of identified issues.
This contract opportunity role is specifically to lead the Geometrical Quality attribute, ensuring best practice in dimensional management of part design, manufacture and vehicle build.to ensure all future Brand Products meet and exceeds the expectations its customers.
• To be responsible for the Geometry & Appearance attribute of Perceived Quality
• Support development of PQ processes & procedures ensuring alignment within the wider Group
• Liaise closely with the client and its companies to create a collaborative strategy across the brands
• Set aesthetical targets for Gap, flush, Radii and Ball Corners on complete vehicle and parts
• Participate in target balancing, highlighting consequences of programme decisions
• Secure target gap & flush values in design & engineering data
• Perform perceived quality attribute reviews on own brand and competitor products
• Conduct Virtual (DPA2) and physical vehicle assessments during development phases
• Report status of PQ attribute to line and project management ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner
• Provide technical input to design and engineering in development of robust solutions that deliver attribute requirements
• Research and understand cultural differences in Perceived Quality and differing market expectations
• Collaborate with Suppliers to create and approve individual Part Quality Standards ahead of final part release
• Assist production approval of parts both dimensionally and cosmetically during early build phases (Matching Builds / Cubing Exercises / Appearance Approvals etc)
* Must have experience of Perceived Quality within an automotive environment as OEM or Tier 1 supplier
* Must be able to demonstrate application of engineering quality tools & techniques
* Experience of vehicle design and development processes
* Perceived Quality Assessments
* Good IT presentation and report writing skills
* Must have an appreciation of automotive engineering quality tools and standards
* Analytical, structured, confident, with excellent communication skills
* Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Perceived Quality Attribute Leader and wish to be considered, then apply today.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Grant Nisbet on 01384 446115.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.