- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 08 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60252
Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS) Support Technician
Up to £22/hr - Inside IR35
This PEMS Support Technician role is an installation, servicing, calibration, and repair position which will contribute to the successful implementation and maintenance of engine emissions measurement equipment.
The role covers laboratory-based and field-based emissions measurement equipment with the expectation that the successful candidate will support both facility and ISM deliverables. This will include working at our customer sites across Europe. The role will include assisting engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future emissions measurement technologies and processes.
Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
- Operating measurement equipment and conducting diagnostic investigations.
- Equipment evaluation and collation/distribution of findings.
- Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of emissions measurement equipment.
- Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment.
- Evaluating new products and processes in the emissions measurement discipline.
- Provide first line breakdown cover.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experienced maintainer of emissions measurement equipment
- Experience of hands on fault finding and repair of measurement instrumentation (particularly PEMS)
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis techniques and permanent corrective actions.
- Previous experience and theoretical knowledge of gaseous measurement systems (AVL/Horiba or similar) to include calibration/maintenance/fault finding.
- Previous experience and theoretical knowledge of Particulate Mass and Particle Number instruments (Sierra BG3 or similar) to include calibration/maintenance/fault finding.
- Experience of onsite ISM testing.
- Experience of working in an engine test cell environment.
- Experience of working in engineering technician role.
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Previous experience of working at customer sites
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.