- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59084
Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS) Support Technician
Up to £22/hr - Inside IR35
12 month initial contract
The primary focus of the role is to support the delivery of our In Service Monitoring (ISM) program providing technical support for our Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS) . This will include working at customer sites across Europe and at relatively short notice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for installation, set up, fault findings and repair of our fleet of SENSORS SEMTECH DS+ PEMS equipment. They will work closely with our PEMS Coordinator and PEMS Engineer to ensure successful delivery of approximately 10 ISM tests per year.
The secondary focus will be the delivery of planned maintenance and servicing of our onsite Emissions Measurement equipment which include Lab based Gaseous analysers and particulate measurement systems.
- Experienced maintainer of emissions measurement equipment
- Hands on fault finding and repair of measurement instrumentation (particularly PEMS)
- Focus on high standards of health and safety procedures at all times
- Competent with the creation of Risk Assessment/RAMS
- Previous experience of working at customer sites
- Must be able to travel up to 10 times per year within the EU, typically 1 week each trip
- Emissions instrumentation measurement techniques and working principles
- History of preparation, installation, set up and operation of Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS)
- SENSORS SEMTECH DS+ PEMS
- Compressed gases handling
- Full UK/EU driving licence
Lab based Equipment Knowledge
- HORIBA MEXA7000/ONE or other motor exhaust gaseous analysers
- Sierra BG3 or other gravimetric particulate sampling systems
- AVL SESAM I60 or other FTIR
- HORIBA MEXA 2300SPCS or other solid particle counting systems
- AVL 415, 439 and 483
- Cambustion DMS500
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.