£18 per hour
about 2 months ago
Payroll Processing Supervisor
£18.04/hr PAYE - (Inside IR35)
A large Motor Manufacturer with c. 8,000 UK-based employees is looking for an experienced Payroll professional to supervise a team of 2 Payroll processing analysts responsible for the timely and accurate payment of salaries and wages to all UK employees, plus associated statutory deductions and filings.
- Weekly payroll processing for c.4k hourly-paid employees
- Monthly payroll processing for c.4k salaried employees
- Oversight and co-ordination of monthly and weekly input files and system interfaces, including the processing of MARS timekeeping data into Open Options and correcting any errors or rejections.
- Leading retro and advance pay processes, reconciling headcount across payroll and timekeeping systems.
- Responsibility for processing of Tax, NI and Benefit in Kind (P11d) and reporting to HMRC.
- Develop and issue monthly payroll schedule to all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct liaison with payroll software provider to ensure smooth processing.
- Close collaboration with payroll services teams to facilitate timely and accurate resolution of queries raised by employees and HR teams
- Active participation in payroll testing and development workstreams, focusing on delivery of system enhancements.
- Lead timely and accurate development and payment of HMRC liabilities.
Key skills and experience:
- Advanced knowledge, and recent experience of using Oracle eBusiness software, specifically in processing hourly and salaried payrolls.
- Recent experience in Payroll and Timekeeping administration.
- Proven ability to work with others as part of a team whilst also demonstrating strong supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate at all levels
- The ability to work accurately and efficiently under acute time pressure
- Knowledge of payroll and statutory deductions.
- Flexibility to work bank holidays and Christmas shutdown as required to support the weekly processing cadence for the hourly payroll.
- Previous experience in Payroll or Human Resources.
- Previous experience of both hourly-paid and salaried payroll operations.
Interested? Please apply today by sending your CV to Kate.Stevens@jonlee.co.uk
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.