Role: Payroll/HR Admin
Location: Wolverhampton (with travel to other sites)
Salary: £17,763.00 p/a (25 hours per week)
We are currently recruiting for a part time Payroll Admin and HR assistant to work for our client’s site in Wolverhampton, the role will include travel to their other sites across the UK. The role will cover all elements of Payroll, Pension, HR and Admin duties and is working on a 25 hours a week basis and would suit someone who is looking for part time opportunities.
- On a monthly basis process payroll using their internal system including Microsoft Excel, Pegasus Opera 3 and Pegasus CIS.
- On a weekly basis process payroll for Weekly paid employees. Systems used include Microsoft Excel, Pegasus Opera 3 and Pegasus CIS.
- Calculation of overtime, deductions, sick pay, bonuses, subsistence allowance, maternity pay, acting up allowances and termination of payments on a monthly/weekly basis.
- Filling Reports to HMRC for PAYE and RTI
- Complete and return reports in accordance with specified deadlines to French Head Office.
- Make payments to HMRC.
- Dealing with regular holiday forms, absence forms, overtime sheets and expenses, these all need to be well managed and logged on system.
- Create and post finance Journals monthly and weekly.
- Creating and posting payslips to send out weekly and monthly to all UK staff.
- Manage the pension deductions and report on payroll information to the HR Payroll Officer
- Ensure that any incoming queries are resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
- Audit employee information annually
- Enter correct information for new starters on personal files and payroll system.
Human Resources and Ad Hoc Duties:
- Assist managers with shortlisting and the interview process
- Maintain electronic and manual files.
- Provide accurate records and produce management reports as required.
- Provide confidential assistance to managers and employees as required, in matters such as but not exclusively; investigation, disciplinary and grievance, absence management and return to work interviews.
- Ensure that the Opera Pegasus HR system and HR server is kept up to date at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks, which may reasonably be requested from time to time by the company.
- Attend, as necessary appropriate training courses.
- Assist if necessary, with other group companies.
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and companies safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents
- Demonstrated payroll processing experience
- The ability to manage confidential matters.
- Working successfully as part of a team.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Word, Excel, Pegasus Opera 3 and Pegasus Opera CIS.
- Numerical ability and data entry skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Understanding of payroll legislation and processes ie. tax, superannuation.
- Must hold a valid UK driving license
Other Competencies (Not essential):
- Knowledge of TUPE
- Construction Industry Scheme
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.