- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 31 May 2022
- Job Ref: 60710
Passive Safety Performance Engineer (JP00000484)
PAYE - £24.97 per hour (Inside IR35)
Start Date ASAP - 12 months assignment
Deliverables / KPIs / SLAs
- Confirming if design meets crash performance requirement and feedback to design teams
- Making test requests and supporting to conduct the tests
- Analysing CAE and test results and creating reports
- Creating minutes of the meeting
- Developing process improvement tool.
- Responsible for passive crash safety performance.
- Performance planning, test planning and analysis of CAE and physical test results.
- Liaising between local and global other related departments at all stages of the vehicle development process.
- Attending regular projecting meetings and feeding back key information to the department.
- Organised and capable of effectively prioritising and completing tasks within short deadlines
- Proactive approach to work, ability to work on own initiative
- Short, middle term (2weeks - 2month) trip to Spain or France might be required to witness the physical crash test
Qualifications, Skills and Training Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or Physics related field
- Experience in passive safety performance
- Experience in CAE within automotive engineering environment is a plus
- There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following:
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, DIADEM
- A working knowledge of passive safety performance
- Knowledge of CAE, databases (MS Access or SQL) and VBA macro development is a plus
- Knowledge of safety restraints systems, body engineering or electrical architecture and systems (i.e., eCall, ACU) is a plus.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.