Irlam, Greater Manchester
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Technical Author
Location: Irlam Manchester
New opportunity for a Technical Author working within the Parts Authoring team based in Irlam, Manchester.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment.
- Responsible for the compilation of parts books/Illustrated parts catalogues.
- Creation of a parts list and corresponding illustration that will be used in parts books and on-line parts information systems.
- Using illustration software (Iso-Draw) to convert 3D/JT Models into 2D parts book Illustrations to be used by customers to correctly identify spare parts.
- Loading service part numbers into warehouse system (POPIMS) to allow procurement activity to start.
- Contribute to team targets for completing parts books within an agreed time frame.
Key skills and experience:
- Good IS/IT skills (Majority of time in this role is spent checking BOM data and matching up part numbers within aftermarket systems).
- Managing Bills of Material or Managing Design Changes within a BOM/Parts listing system.
- Ability to recognise engine spare parts/components by description/drawing/shape
- Use of Technical Authoring or Product Lifecycle packages, eg Windchill.
- Microsoft applications, typically Excel.
- Experience of industrial diesel engines, automotive parts, agricultural equipment/machinery.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to interpret basic technical data
- Good communicator who is comfortable working with a variety of people across an organisation
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY
In return our client can offer you a 12-month contract with negotiable rates of pay and an immediate start.
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.