VAT Analyst - 53159
£Negotiable - up to £32.00/ph Ltd Co
A VAT Analyst is required with understanding of the VAT regulations and VAT reporting requirements is required to work either Full or Part Time.
This company based in Basildon requires a VAT Analyst to carry out the following tasks for a new contract role:
- Preparation of the VAT Returns
- Supporting and work with the other VAT analysts in the OTC team on other VAT filings as required
- Completing monthly forms to request payment from Treasury department to HM Revenue & Customs or the relevant tax authority.
- Co-ordination of the EU Refund VAT reclaim process as required.
- Tracking EU VAT refunds claims, analysing invoices & checking commission billings.
- Management of the foreign VAT account reconciliation process
- Assisting with the monthly VAT account reconciliation & compliance process
- Monthly VAT cash forecasting process including liaison with Treasury colleagues to anticipate likely levels of VAT payables and receivables on a monthly basis.
- Provide assistance to management and external advisors with VAT audits.
- Preparation of documentation and adherence testing required for OTC (Indirect Tax) Modular control Review Process
The VAT Analyst should have the following skills or experience:
- The applicant should have a tax or accounting background and, as a minimum, have an accounting qualification or appropriate VAT experience
- Basic understanding of the VAT regulations and VAT reporting requirements.
- Previous Experience in an Accounting/Consulting company or equivalent in house role
- Appropriate Tax or Accounting Exams
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience dealing with external advisors and tax authorities to develop your career.
If you have any questions about the VAT Analyst role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.