Job title: Panel Wirer
Salary Range: £18.00 - £20.00 per hour
Hours: 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Thursday
08:00 - 13:00 Friday
4 month rolling contract working for a leading automation specialist in bespoke and reconfigurable automation solutions within the aerospace, automotive and FMCG sectors.
4 Panel Wirers are required with knowledge of building, wiring, testing and commissioning of electrical control panels. Candidates with experience of working with bespoke automation projects will be well received.
Due to a new client project this client based in Birmingham requires 4 dynamic, leading contract Panel Wirers on a 4-month rolling contract basis. As a Panel Wirer, you will be required to:
- Build complete control panels to client specification
- Building, wiring, testing and commissioning of electrical control panels
- Integrating with specially designed machines to specific customer requirements
- Drilling and cutting cabinets to suit
- Fitting DIN rails, trunking and components to panels
- Working to electrical schematic diagrams
- Connecting all electrical components to the control panel ensuring all cables are neat, tidy and free from obstructing the operation of the machine.
- Quality checking the control panels for any faults.
- Work quickly and methodically to ensure that build times are adhered to.
The Panel Wirer should have the following skills or experience:
- Several years' experience of assembling and wiring control panels
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- PLC fault finding desirable.
- 17th Edition Qualified is desirable but not essential.
- Be capable of working under own initiative
- Have a 'can do' attitude
- Good communication skills being able to liaise with colleagues and customers
- Detailed training will be provided but industrial machine wiring experience is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of panel wiring. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based automation specialist will offer you:
- 4 month rolling contract position
- 40 hour working week with overtime available
- £18.00 - £20.00 per hour
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of panel wiring or panel building and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the panel wirer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.