£25.92 - 25.92 per hour
Title: Paint Project Engineer (36938)
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Solihull Paint Shop
Rate: up to £25.92 ph Ltd rate (which equals £20.32 ph PAYE rate) - Inside IR35
Paint Project Engineer
Paint Manufacturing Engineering are responsible for introduction of new facilities, materials product lines and current vehicle freshening programs into Solihull Paint Shop.
As Paint Project Engineer, you will be working within a team and working with various members of the wider Manufacturing & ME team, the Engineer will be responsible for the support and delivery of the following elements:
Supporting new product introductions to Solihull Paint shop, this role includes but is not limited to:
- Feasibility Investigations.
- Prototype build support.
- Project Planning.
- Facilities Engineering & Modifications.
- Project Management.
- Developing & Maintaining master schedules, timing plans, contractor control, control of documentation issued by subcontract base etc.
- Work closely with the Paint Production department and other Engineering disciplines across JLR to deliver programs & facility projects to cost targets and timing.
- Responsible for all aspects of Capital Expenditure and Project tracking, focusing on Product & Non product related expenditure from project conception through to delivery, commissioning & handover to the customer in line with policies & procedures utilised.
- Lead & partake in multifunctional New Equipment Procurement Teams through all project phases ensuring company procurement procedures are met & adhered to.
- Track project based KPI's & make ready for report out to departmental manager on a weekly basis.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing / Production Engineering related experience
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Highly computer literate with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office packages including Project
- Must be able to create & manipulate 2D CAD drawings using AutoCAD (preferred but not essential)
- Good working knowledge of paint facilities & systems.
- Good working knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Ability to control & manage suppliers (both Material & Equipment)
- Ability to control & manage project cost decks.
- Have previous experience of Supplier selection and tender management.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised (at times) to a set of objectives & targets.
The contract will be for 40hrs a week with weekend working when required
40 hrs plus weekends may be needed
Must be flexible with regard to working hours as role requires after hours, weekend & Shutdown working delivering your objectives & targets.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.