Paint Process Engineer
£45,000 to £50,000 pa plus benefits
Production, Process, Paint, NPI, Project, Paint Equipment, Tooling, Fixtures, FMEA, Problem Solving
A Paint Process Engineer is required with knowledge of paint production process, paint applications and paint equipment. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to the need to improve paint process applications and support new product introduction within the manufacturing environment, this specialist organisation producing high value niche products on a low volume/batch basis requires a proactive, forward thinking and strong problem-solving Paint Process Engineer with a track record in improving production efficiencies and processes within paint applications and equipment for this new permanent role. As a Paint Process Engineer, you will be required to:
- Responsible for implementation of paint production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and Pain Shop manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs
- Manage KPIs and ensure preventative actions are taken to maximise success.
- Work on many phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on project completion.
- Work under general supervision, reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by Senior Management
The Paint Process Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Design processes layouts and jigs/fixtures within paint applications, waste elimination within manufacturing and improvement of capital equipment
- Establishing SOP's, improving manufacturing systems, oversee the installation of machinery and equipment, waste elimination from all paint processes
- Be able to carry out FMEA's, implement Poka Yoke, provide technical support within paint applications and lead NPI Projects
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge as a Paint Process Engineer within a low to medium volume manufacturing environment seeking an exciting opportunity to develop your career. In return for your experience, this West Midlands based automotive company will offer you:
- £45,000 to £50,000 pa plus Benefits (Negotiable)
- The opportunity to work within a forward thinking organisation who is going through significant growth
- Future career development and part of the Management Team
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Paint Process, Paint Applications, Capital Equipment and NPI and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Paint Process Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email