£40k - 45k per year
Job title: Paint Process Engineer
Salary Range: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm - 37.5-hour week
A permanent role working for a design led automotive manufacturing business supplying high end automotive exterior vehicle upgrade parts for mainline OEMs.
A Paint Process Engineer is required with knowledge of wet on wet high standard spraying using anti-static equipment to minimum inclusions in thermo and thermosetting substrates . Knowledge of control of materials, paint equipment, jigging, quality levels, process timings, Standard operations procedures, colour matching within paint is essential
Due to the build of a new manufacturing plant in Dagenham this client requires a dynamic, leading Paint Process Engineer on a permanent basis. As a Paint Process engineer, you will be required to:
- Lead and support a team of experienced paint sprayers
- Have input into the plant layouts especially within the paint department
- Lead the control of materials, paint equipment, jigging, quality levels, process timings, Standard operations procedures and colour matching within paint.
- Lead 5s systems
- Liaise with all other internal paint departments and attends production meetings to improve SQTCM
- Communicates to team all local issues following SQTCE
- To lead all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental, Health and Safety, ethics, values and codes of conduct
- To contribute towards achieving and maintaining high health and safety standards and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
The Paint Process Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Minimum 5 years paint application experience within a engineering capacity.
- Good experience working with a high volume manufacturing environment
- Good paint knowledge and H.N.C Level or similar engineering/management discipline.
- Ideally Automotive background
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high turn over multi-batch production facility.
- Knowledge of automated colour measuring techniques
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of paint plant engineering within a high end manufacturing environment. In return for your experience, this Dagenham based manufacturer will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week with an early finish on Fridays
- £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
- Pension (8% company contribution
- Health insurance
- x4 salary life assurance
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Paint Process engineering within high volume manufacturing and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Paint Process Engineer, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.