7 months ago
Permanent position - Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Salary negotiable + benefits.
We have a new opportunity for a Paint Planner. Working with the Materials Planning and Logistics Manager you will be responsible for managing daily stock requirements and ensuring on time delivery to internal and external customers.
Due to an expansion of the department and an increase in projects, a Paint Planner is required as soon as possible.
As the Paint Planner you will be required to:
- Monitor stock levels of paint raw material and place schedules on paint suppliers.
- Analyse customer schedules on a weekly basis and plan accordingly.
- Coordinate introduction of new paint colours as well as new launches to meet customer requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects to improve departmental performance on safety, uptime, availability maintenance, equipment modifications, plant, error proofing, technical systems and processes and cost down opportunities.
- Participate in internal and external quality focus within area of responsibility.
- Participate in 8D's, problem solving and risk management.
- Comply with Health and Safety and environmental policies, IATF 16949 and COSHH Risk assessments.
- Plan paint process within allotted minimum and maximum levels on Kanban's.
- Monitor 'plan versus actual' and report in daily briefings.
- Manage and communicate with paint suppliers.
The Paint Planner should have the following skills or experience:
- A background working in production planning, scheduling and logistics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- A continuous improvement and safety mind set.
- A background working for a Tier 1 automotive supplier would be preferred.
- A good understanding of automotive moulding and assemblies would be an advantage.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Paint Planner, Logistics Coordinator or similar and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.