We are recruiting a Supplier Quality Engineer for Toyota, a leading Automotive manufacturer in Derby. Based in their Quality Department they now have an opening for a Supplier Quality Engineer in their paint area to complement their existing team. The department is responsible for ensuring the quality of raw materials and critical parts including inspection control, critical parts and process quality assurance, corrosion improvement activity and parts failure analysis based on material expertise.
- Confirmation of design and pre-production activity for all new paint material and pre-treatment processes;
- Auditing of new suppliers to confirm process capability and quality assurance;
- Evaluation of new products;
- Maintenance of QA systems;
- Investigation of root cause and implementation of countermeasures.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have a degree in Materials Science Engineering or Chemistry with knowledge or experience of the paints industry.
- You should also be practical with a hands-on approach with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Your communication skills in written and spoken English should be at a good standard.
- You will an excellent understanding of automotive paint application.
In return our client offers a dynamic and diverse work environment with real opportunity for personal growth and willingness to invest in your future. If you feel this is the right opportunity for you and you have relevant experience, please apply now.