£33000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
Salary: £33,000 - £42,000 depending on experience plus benefits
Location: Desford, Leicestershire or Stafford
Travel: up to 25% to include EAME travel
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
A Packaging Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a Packaging Engineer you will design and develop returnable and expendable packaging for individual piece parts and bulk shipping to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and delivery of material.
Ideal packaging design includes safety, part protection and containment, optimisation of transportation - whist considering other supply chain functions that delivers the lowest Total Landed Costs.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create packaging concepts using 3D modelling software (i.e. Pro-E).
- Perform cost analysis on current packaging processes and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Perform activities to ensure parts are protected, shipped, and delivered to the customer fit for use.
- Design packaging for transport efficiency.
- Design bespoke packaging with indirect packaging suppliers and obtain best quotation, considering safety, quality, technical ability and supplier performance.
- Coordinate with operations related to receiving, warehousing, and/or line side delivery and ergonomic consideration.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (i.e. Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering).
- Proven track record in coordinating and designing packaging solutions.
- Experience with Creo, Pro E or CAD drawing.
- Clear understanding of Supply Chain Logistics & Manufacturing technical points.
- Returnable packaging implementation and management.
- Market knowledge of packaging vendors, bespoke and expendable packaging materials.
- Project management experience.
Please contact James Tilley for details.