£25 - £35 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job title: Packaging Engineer
Contract: LTD or Umbrella
Location: Desford, Leicestershire, UK
Industry: Off Highway
A Packaging Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
This Packaging Engineer will design and develop returnable and expendable packaging for individual piece parts and bulk shipping to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and delivery of material.
Packaging design includes safety, part protection and containment, optimisation of transportation - whist considering other supply chain functions that delivers the lowest Total Landed Costs.
Primary focus will be working on the following:
- Establish packaging and processing specifications at the part number level for new product introductions, cost savings, or other supply chain improvements on time for Class C parts.
- Export Packaging Specification for shipment across our global network, discussing Point of Use requirements with Logistics Planning Engineers.
- Create packaging concepts using 3D modelling software (i.e. Pro-E).
- Design bespoke packaging with indirect packaging suppliers and obtain best quotation, considering safety, quality, technical ability and supplier performance.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Proven track record in coordinating and designing packaging solutions.
- Creo, Pro E or CAD drawing.
- Clear understanding of Supply Chain Logistics & Manufacturing technical points.
- Returnable packaging implementation and management.
- Market knowledge of packaging vendors covering bespoke and expendable packaging materials.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, deploy creative original solutions to complex problems.
- Knowledge of material handling equipment.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.