£30,000 to £45,000 plus & Benefits
A FMCG manufacturing company are looking for a Buyer to join their purchasing team. You will be responsible for purchasing a range of packaging material from suppliers and negotiating new contracts. You will have a strong purchasing background with experience of purchasing packaging and plastic consumables.
As a Buyer your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Reporting into the Purchasing Director you’ll be responsible for the ongoing pricing and contract negotiations with existing and prospective new suppliers.
- Working closely with Commercial, Marketing and Manufacturing teams to deliver bespoke packaging solutions as required by the business.
- Support Materials Planning, and Quality Assurance teams to help them resolve any issues with packaging performance.
- Challenge the current ‘status quo’ and devise and implement initiatives to further reduce packaging supply costs.
- Be pro-active in ongoing communications with suppliers to ensure that priority access to new packaging developments which could help provide further ‘points of difference’ to the business.
- Ongoing maintenance of packaging supplier pricing and specification records.
An exciting opportunity for a Buyer with the following.
- CIPS qualified experienced Buyer with experience working within fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of purchasing packaging materials, containers and plastics consumables are a must for this role.
- Strong understanding negotiating skills and understanding of the packaging suppliers.
- Excellent project management and time keeping skills.
- Highly competent in the use of Excel, Power Point and MRP systems.
- Positive thinking and self-motivated individual with good communication skills
If you are a Buyer with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.