Above Industry Standard
2 months ago
Job title: Optical Designer
Location: Commutable from Liverpool, Chester, Runcorn, Warrington, Crewe, Wrexham, Rhyl, Llandudno.
Hours of Work 36 hours
Type of Contract: Permanent
Jonathan Lee has engaged with a key client and a world leading Optronic Solutions manufacturer based in North Wales. As an Optical specialist, my client support applications for the Aerospace & Defence industry sectors for air, land and water systems.
Due to an increase in business and new projects, my client is seeking an Optical Designer or Optical Design Engineer for a permanent position. This is an exciting new opportunity to join a leading advanced technology business who are renowned for exceptional reputation and highest standards of business integrity, customer service, product quality and innovation.
As the Optical Designer you will join a strong engineering team and will be responsible for the design of optical solutions in-line with business requirements.
My client is seeking a high caliber candidate who is highly motivated, creative and versatile. The Optical Designer or Optical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of complex optical systems that will maintain the company position as the leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical systems.
It is essential that all candidates have the following:
- An education to at least first degree level, preferably in Physics / Optical Engineering
- A technical background with strong analytical skills
- The ability to work with and support the business group and other engineering functions
- Strong attention to detail and good inter-personal skills
- Experience of Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
An ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A detailed knowledge of complex optical imaging systems
- The ability to develop original and innovative optical solutions
- Fundamental coding skills to programme customised design and analysis scripts
- Experience of working within dynamic project teams and using structured problem solving techniques
- Experience of leading all aspects of the Optical Design activity within a multifunctional team
- The ability to liaise with customers and suppliers on product specifications / performance matters
- The ability to provide training and instruction, where appropriate, to other Optical Designers
- Familiarity with range performance modelling software (e.g. NV-IPM, TRM4)
The main duties with this position will include:
- Being involved in all stages of the design process:
- Defining target specifications with the customer
- Development of concepts, detailed design and analysis
- Generating optical design data for manufacture
- Providing technical support to the manufacturing, assembly and test processes
- Use of optical design and analysis software tools (eg. CODEV, ZEMAX, FRED)
- Producing design study reports and contributing technical inputs to proposals
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for more information and apply!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.