This growing steel manufacturing business is actively seeking a dynamic Operations Manager to run a busy Steel Melting Shop based in Jedah, Saudi Arabia. They currently have circa. 350 staff.
Salary £70,000 to £90,000 DOE plus benefits
Suitable for: Operations Manager, Manufacturing Manager
The Operations Manager is required to provide day to day operational leadership ensuring compliance with all legislation and best practice.
- Monitoring Steel Melting Shop performance on a daily basis
- Co-ordinate Lean Manufacturing activity to improve production efficiency's and performance
- Coordination with Head of Departments for Planning of maintenance without affecting production.
- Controlling all shift activities.
- Target and initiate action towards less process deviation and zero rejection.
- Effective planning and process adaptions to reduce per ton cost of steel.
- Monitor Heat wise cost of various grades and exercise appropriate controls.
- Monitor the scrap quality and maintain the plant cleaning
- Ensuring that ISO technical requirements are fulfilling.
- Ensuring that the suitable work areas, environmental conditions and housekeeping in the melt shop are conducive to the proper performance of furnace activities.
- Ensure the safety of man and machine.
- Experience in steel making / Continuous Casting Machines to make clean steel in cost effective way
- Be able to administratively / technically manage, control and handle the working of Section.
- Be able to motivate all the employees towards ISO 9001-2015
- Be able to express and communicate the performance reports to the management and other concerned in effective way.
- BSc Metallurgy would be desirable
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting role as Operations Manager.