Operations Manager – Precision Engineering
Salary up to £60,000 (DOE)
Aylesbury (must be within one hours commute of the facility)
An Operations Manager is required for an SME business involved in the manufacture, assembly and packaging of precision surgical instruments. These CE certified products are patent protected, have passed type approval and are currently in use on a global basis. With demand ever increasing, the need to move to new premises is now a priority. You will work with the owner to develop a stable, capable and repeatable manufacturing process that can produce products of the highest quality meeting tight tolerances in a near clean room environment. As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the development of the manufacturing facility, associated machine tools and assembly equipment that will ensure consistency of supply. This job would ideally suit an apprentice trained engineer with a strong manufacturing engineering background and a solid understanding of precision machining processes.
To be considered for this Operations Manager you must have:
- Experience working in a high-volume precision machining environment and be familiar with the development of production processes.
- A strong manufacturing/production background ideally supported by qualifications to C&G, HNC, HND or degree level in production, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement and implementing, simple, meaningful and effective KPIs with a focus on process capability and control.
- An ability to recruit, coach, train and educate employees in modern machining and inspection techniques.
- Experience of working with universities and machine tool suppliers to develop new manufacturing processes and selecting the most capable machine tools and associated production consumables.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to document, plan and develop standard operating procedures for high precision processes.
This is a challenging and interesting Operations Manager role that will involve research and development into precision machining processes and the creation of a small but responsive business unit. As a permanent, full time role you will need to be located comfortably within a one hour commute of the new facility.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.