Due to an internal promotion, this prestigious global manufacturing and engineering business is actively seeking a dynamic Operations Manager.
Salary: Circa £90,000 DOE + car allowance, up to 20% bonus, 12 % Pension + Holidays + family health cover and life insurance
Suitable for: Operations Manager, Engineering Manager, General Manager
The Operations Manager is required to provide day to day operational leadership and strategic planning for the Engineering and Manufacturing Departments ensuring compliance with all legislation and best practice.
- To manage key department managers (Engineering, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Facilities) and support the General Manager on both operational activity and strategic planning.
- To deliver on KPI targets on a monthly basis, to drive a culture of ownership within the company.
- Identify opportunities for making efficiency improvement utilising lean manufacturing methodology.
- Capital equipment expenditure management.
- To ensure the quality, safety and reliability of all production processes.
- Responsible for developing tools for accurate and on time reporting of KPI's, with emphasis on minimising requirement for manual work.
- The establishment of Quality, Cost and Delivery indices and definition of performance targets in line with the company expectation and industry standards.
- To maintain 5S levels in line with showroom factory conditions.
- Comply with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Ideally you will have an engineering background and previously have worked in as an Engineering Manager progressing through to an Operations Manager role.
- Engineering - qualified to HNC or above.
- Strong interest and experience in advanced manufacturing methodology including automation, smart factory and industry 4.0
- People management skills to ensure development and support to direct reports.
- Ability to solve problems that are diverse and where may require analysis of data requires evaluation.
- Team player motivated by success of the company, goal oriented, excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of statistical control, such as; six sigma and other design for excellence method will be a benefit.
- Certificate in Managing Occupational Health & Safety (NEBOSH) would be a benefit.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a world leading business and offers an outstanding career development opportunity.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Operations Manager opportunity.