Operations Manager - Cheltenham
We are looking for an Operations Manager for a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries based in Cheltenham.
This is an exciting time with a challenging 5 year plan for this company whose Clients call upon it for specialist electronic, mechanical and pneumatic capabilities to provide innovative solutions that meet the environmental and operational requirements of high reliability environments.
- Achieve the product deliveries called for by the agreed master production schedule to time and quality standards.
- Ensure that the Operations department is fit for purpose with the right skills and processes to meet the above objective and to maintain all required accreditations.
- Provide expert support on manufacturability to the front end of the design process to ensure that when a product reaches Operations it is capable of being built in a timely and effective manner.
- Recommend appropriate initiatives to improve the performance of the Operations department and minimise unnecessary stock holdings, such as, Just In Time and 5S.
- Develop a forward-looking plan for the future of the Operations department to include layout, staffing and flow based around forecast 5-year order intake from the Strategic Plan.
Skills and experience required
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Previous Operational Management experience in a high technology manufacturing company, ideally in a safety critical industry.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience plus bonus
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192