Due to continued growth this global metals manufacturer is actively seeking a dynamic Operations Manager.
Salary: Circa £60,000 + 7K car allowance,17% bonus, attractive pension, family health cover and life insurance
Suitable for: Operations Manager, Operations Leader, Manufacturing Manager
The Operations Manager is required to provide day to day operational leadership and strategic planning for the Manufacturing Department ensuring compliance with all legislation and best practice.
- To manage the Production Manager, Team Leaders and 94 production staff
- Support the Plant Manager on both operational activity and strategic planning.
- To deliver on KPI targets, to drive a culture of ownership within the company.
- Identify opportunities for making efficiency improvement utilising lean manufacturing methodology.
- To ensure the quality, safety and reliability of all production processes.
- Responsible for developing tools for accurate and on time reporting of KPI's
- The establishment of Quality, Cost and Delivery indices and definition of performance targets in line with the company expectation and industry standards.
- To maintain 5S levels
- Comply with the Health and Safety Policy and procedures in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
- Ideally you will have a metals manufacturing, automotive or heavy industry background
- Currently operating at Operations Manager level in a medium to large manufacturing organisation
- Strong people management skills to ensure development and support to direct reports.
- Team player motivated by success of the company, goal oriented, excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This role offers an outstanding opportunity to join a global manufacturing business and offers an outstanding career development opportunity.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Operations Manager opportunity.