- Sector: Metals
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 57218
Operations Manager - Metal Manufacturing & Fabrication
Our successful metal manufacturing and fabrication business (c90 employees) is looking for an experienced Operations Manager. This is a good opportunity for an experienced leader to oversee and introduce additional everyday skills to this profitable and growing business and help develop key departments. A capable and loyal workforce is already in place and our objective is to improve skills and working practices. An important part of the brief will be to mentor younger team members and other individuals to develop their skills / capabilities.
Operations Manager Responsibilities;
- Manage all operational teams within the production, warehouse, maintenance and toolroom departments within an SME establishing effective processes and procedures to meet corporate objectives and targets for future growth.
- Provide strong leadership for the multiple business operations, ensuring a collaborative and proactive culture is established and driven across all areas of operations to increase efficiencies while reducing waste.
- Support the Management Team in driving forward all SHEQ functions, policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment across all operations.
- Lead and assistance the managers in establishing and managing departmental budgets while implementing effective plans for growth and development of the separate business units.
- Provide leadership, training and development across all facets of a warehouse, manufacturing and maintenance/toolroom environment
- Drive continuous improvement in Process, Quality and Safety through risk assessments, root cause analysis, training and projects.
- Prioritise workload, material flow and deliver against productivity levels while maintaining quality standards
Required Skills and Experiences;
- Proven experience of operational management in a fast-paced, people-facing, and multi-product manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience of change management in an SME environment is essential.
- Experience of metal fabrication processes would be advantageous.
- Comprehensive knowledge and proven experience of lean manufacturing practices and modern manufacturing systems.
- Strong communicator at all levels who can influence change while improving team moral, business systems and performance.
- Capable of providing analysis and devising corrective measures to improve operational performance.
- Degree qualified in engineering/ science discipline (or relevant equivalent qualification) or significant experience in relevant fields.
If you are interested in this exciting new Operations Manager opportunity please click on the link to apply. Alternatively you can send your CV direct to Mark.Bignell@jonlee.co.uk
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.