Salary up to £70,000 + benefits
Operations Manager – Machining and Assembly
Salary up to £70,000 (DOE) + benefits.
An experienced Operations Manager is required for an innovative SME manufacturing business involved in low to medium volume components and assemblies. Having invested in new plant and equipment this company is looking to rebuild and grow. To compliment the Design & Engineering expertise within the business they are now looking to strengthen their manufacturing capability and wish to recruit an Operations Manager who will have responsibility for a small, dedicated team involved in production, planning & scheduling, continuous improvement and health & safety. As Operations Manager you will have a sound understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to train, coach and work with people to create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver against exacting SQCD targets that will ensure OTIF delivery.
To be considered for this Operations Manager position you must have or be;
- Experience working in a low to medium volume, high precision, high value, quality manufacturing environment, your knowledge should ideally include CNC machining and assembly.
- An understanding of JIT, 5S, SMED, OEE and pull systems together with problem solving tools such as 8D, A3, 5 Why, root cause analysis and standard operating procedures.
- Experience of working within a precision engineering environment which may include automotive, aerospace, rail or general engineering.
- A strong manufacturing/production background ideally supported by qualifications to HNC or degree level and post degree qualifications in management.
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement and implementing simple, meaningful and effective KPIs.
- An understanding of cell manufacturing and establishing a pull-based, kanban production system that can handle a product mix of components and assemblies based on Runners, Repeaters and Strangers.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques, able to generate a high-performance culture focussed on delivery and excellent customer service.
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate with a good understanding of capacity planning, production scheduling and bottleneck management.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to motivate create understanding and engagement.
This will be a challenging position and you will work as part of a close-knit management team that reports directly into the Managing Director. As Operations Manager you will have strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and giving the highest levels of customer service.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.