£50k - 60k per year + Benefits Package
01384 446 174
10 months ago
Salary circa £55,000, plus benefits package
This business is a well-established, UK based privately owned group that manufacture specialist products that are used in several sectors, including commercial and consumer applications.
The company has grown both organically and through acquisition and operated in several markets with its products available both in the core UK market as well as in across Europe and the Americas through its distribution partners. The key to its success has been its passion for British manufacturing coupled with ensuring that the products are of the highest quality whilst being flexible to changing customer demands.
The organisation has asked us to assist in the search for an exceptional Operations Manager, who will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic owner managed company.
You will be a committed team player and have the ability to be both strategic & hands on; able to take a holistic business approach whilst maintaining a strong grip on the production function.
As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for meeting the output demands of the business whilst maintaining a high level of safety and quality within the product and systems.
Key Duties as Operations Manager
- Ensure that output is matched to the demands of the business and the wider group of companies.
- Ensure that resources are planned, and work allocated in an efficient manner daily.
- Work to ensure that orders are completed OTIF against customer demands.
- Provide timely updates of raw material demands to board for future purchases.
- Ensure that stock products are manufactured against set demands.
- Build a team to reflect the direction of the business against a 5-year plan.
- Work with and manage a TPM system across the machinery.
- Ensure that the work environment is both safe, tidy and efficient.
- Assume responsibility for the strategic direction of production within the business against the wider demands.
- Manage the importation and integrity of the data into the new system.
- Support the finance department to implement an enhanced costing model within the business.
- Work closely with the quality manager to ensure that a culture of continuous improvement is developed within the business.
- Introduce basic manufacturing concepts and techniques aligned to modern manufacturing.
Systems, Process and People
Work with the Senior Management Team to implement a new ERP system in 2020.
- Ensure that the correct management team is in place within the production unit.
- Ensure that all health and safety requirements are met and in place.
- Support the business IIP qualification.
- Manage all shop floor disciplinary procedures and initiatives.
As Operations Manager, you will ideally have elements of the below:
- A solid understanding of manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Very strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of ERP, MRP, BOM, routings and works orders.
- Excellent hands on IT skills (particularly MS Excel).
- An understanding of different manufacturing techniques aligned to MTO or MTS.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
- A solid understanding of H&S within a workplace.
- A good understanding of HR procedures and processes at an intermediate level.
Personal Experience & Attributes
“A positive individual with a passion for manufacturing”.
We are keen to talk to candidates from fast paced manufacturing environments, that are used dealing with multiple products and complex SKU’s and ideally experienced within an owner managed business. This will be a challenging role where you will be able to implement change to increase production outputs. There will be times that you will need to think on your feet, make fast decisions based on capacity and demand, so you will need to have courage to make the right decisions quickly.
- Technically minded with a background or interest in engineering.
- A desire to fully understand the production process and at times be hands on.
- A proven track record of implementing new processes or systems.
- Experienced with MS Business central is highly beneficial.
- Experience in planning is beneficial.
- An ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Flexible to accommodate support of differing shift patterns or overtime.
- An ability to deal with a wide range of people from shop floor through the business owner.
This is an excellent position for the right candidate, in a business which has British manufacturing in its DNA. If you are up for the challenge, then please apply for more information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.