Attractive salary, benefits package
01384 446 174
4 months ago
Excellent salary and benefits
We are working with a market leader in the development and production of world class agricultural animal feed. The organisation is part of a wider food and retail group and for the right candidate, offers excellent career progression.
As part of an internal promotion, we have been asked to assist in the search for an exceptional Operations Manager to lead 2 plants in Mid Devon. This is a great opportunity to manage these plants and inspire a team of 50 and to implement a forward-thinking production and operational strategy for both the sites.
Your priorities will be feed safety, health and safety, and maximising process efficiency all within a best cost framework.
As the Operations Manager your key responsibilities are:
- Maintain and manage a site structure enabling the production of feed to a consistently satisfactory; doing all this while meeting requirements for health and safety and environmental legislation / policy.
- Ensure that the achievement of food safety is always a priority.
- Drive a Health and Safety culture.
- Achieve agreed budget (dependent on volume and product mix) whilst continually striving for greater efficiency.
- Create a team culture that demonstrates our Winning Ways of working: Be Brave, Be Inclusive, be inquisitive and Be responsible.
- Champion the Continuous Improvement Programme and encourage a culture of engagement across the team.
- Through plant review and idea generation, support the creation of a capital plan which aligns with, and delivers the site strategy.
As Operations Manager, you will be leading two separate sites, as part of this you will be expected to have the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 5 years experiences in either feed, food or chemical manufacturing environments.
- Experience in leading multiple sites.
- Accountability in middle management role with health & safety responsibility.
- Lean Manufacturing / CI Experience.
- Budget & People Management.
- Strong leadership qualities.
The group is going through a period of investment and expansion, that you will be part of. They are a growing, innovative business and they need diversity into different ways of thinking to keep moving them forward. We are keen to talk to Operational Managers who have perhaps worked in a fast-paced production environment, for example FMCG, food production or chemical production.
If you require further information, please apply.
We work hard and ensure we have fun while doing this. We offer competitive pay, up to 10% matched company pension, ongoing training and 25days holiday, plus a range of flexible benefits for you to tailor to your lifestyle. All this and more contributes to our being a great place to work.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.