Operations Manager, Aftersales Distribution
Up to £55,000, plus excellent benefits including share options, pension.
This global automotive manufacturing business is seeking an exceptional Operations Manager with solid Warehouse, Logistics and Production experience within either an automotive or fast paced manufacturing sector. Reporting to the Senior Management team, there will be a good deal of autonomy in the role, where you will be able to implement your vision of best practice to ensure, quality, delivery and cost are paramount.
As an Operations Manager you will need to have:
• Leadership qualification i.e. ELLT
• IOSH trained
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• logistics / production background - preferably automotive, and have managed large teams
• Must be able to work using their own initiative, and be able to liaise with other functions and departments at all levels within the company
• Managing People and processes and budgets within area of responsibility
• 5 years Previous production management experience in warehouse / logistics
• Managed teams in excess of 20 people from multi disciplines
Role of an Operations Manager:
• Manage health and safety aspects for aftersales team and processes
• Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
• Ensure compliance with IATF 16949
• Ensure compliance with Environmental & Health & Safety standards in line with current certification.
• Carry out accident investigation activities, ensure near miss reporting.
• Ensure team comply with the Safe System of Work documents.
• To ensure all contractors are signed in with the correct work permits.
• Lead 5S processes and procedures with your area of responsibility.
• To ensure all team members wear appropriate PPE
• Manage health and safety actions links tasks for your department
• Chair health and safety meetings within the department
• Take appropriate actions in emergency situations
• Ensure up to date traffic plan.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very progressive, global business with true career progression and opportunity to learn, up to date business process and operational techniques.
If you would like further information on the role, then please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.