Oldbury, West Midlands
Circa £45,000, plus benefits
This business specialises in the manual and robotic application of coatings. Their customers are in several sectors including, automotive, defence, medical and consumer goods sectors. The company operates over three sites and is in the process of strengthening and developing its management teams, which the Production Manager forms part of that strategy.
We require an experienced Operations/Production manager to take responsibility for the day to day running of the site with proven experience of production and people management. The successful candidate will need to have the ability to lead Continuous improvement, Health & Safety and 5S programs.
We are keen to talk to candidates who have been a Production or Operations Manager in a similar manufacturing sector and have as minimum an HNC or HND
- Organising and managing up to 27 production operatives over two shifts
- Employee wellbeing, empowerment, performance reviews and training
- Delivering operational and P&L KPI’s
- Leading and delivering continuous improvement programs
- Working with sales team to ensure production schedules/output meets customer demand
- Proactively implementing ideas that improve process safety and efficiency.
- Analysis of daily operational data to ensure short and long term KPI's are being met
- Managing stock control.
- Managing and ensuring Preventative Maintenance Programs are implemented
- Responsible for site Health &Safety, Risk Assessments, 5S, and Continuous Improvement programs
We are looking for an experienced operations or production manager, who can lead, motivate and develop people. Your management style will be proactive and forward thinking with a calm and rational approach with excellent communication skills and the ability to build, develop and maintain good working relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the business as you will form part of the senior management team. If you are interested in the role please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.