Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £50000.00 per annum + benefits
about 1 year ago
Operations Manager - Birmingham, Kings Norton, West Midlands
Salary up to £50,000 (DOE) + benefits
An experienced Operations Manager is required for an established SME Manufacturing business involved in medium to high volume processing of industrial components. Having moved to new purpose-built facilities and with a growing order book, the company are now looking to strengthen their management team. The role will hold responsibility for the Production Team and support staff that include planning, quality and maintenance personnel. As Operations Manager you will have an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to train, coach and work with people to create a sustainable continuous improvement culture.
To be considered for this Operations Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience working as a Production/Operations Manager within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- An understanding of JIT, 5S, SMED, OEE and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, root cause analysis and standard operating procedures.
- Experience of working within a light engineering business which may include automotive, aerospace, electronics, electronic device manufacture or general engineering.
- A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally supported by qualifications to HNC, HND or degree level.
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement and implementing simple but effective KPIs.
- An understanding of cell manufacturing and establishing production systems that can handle a product mix based on Runners, Repeaters and Strangers.
- An ability to coach, train and educate staff in modern manufacturing techniques, able to develop a high-performance culture focussed on delivery and customer service.
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate with a strong understanding of capacity planning and production scheduling.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to motivate create understanding and engagement.
This will be a challenging position and you will work as part of a close-knit management team. Based on success, the role has the potential to develop into a full Operations Director position. As Operations Manager you will have strong leadership, management, planning and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery that will give the highest levels of customer service.