Up to £60,000, car, performance bonus, Private Health Care, Pension
This established and growing SME provides installations and services to the bus and truck sector.
The company has contracts for the retrofitting, service and warranty of exhaust systems that enable busses to meet the London Ultra Low Emission Zone. With demand growing and more customers and markets opening for the business, we have been asked to recruit a proven Operations Manager to successfully manage the East London Service Centre and wider client contracts.
Working with several of the London Bus Operators, you will be expected to manage a successful operation, developing and growing the reputation of the organisation through excellent service and product offering.
Because of the nature of the business, the role will be hands on, but also as it reports into the Managing Director, you will play a role in the overall direction of the business into new markets and service offerings.
As Operations Manager you will:
- Managing teams of installation engineers across various sites across greater London.
- Managing the service team.
- Managing the London Service centre.
- Warranty management and cost control including identifying trends and root cause analysis.
- Ensure Quality Control of all functions.
- Be the key contact with operators and customers.
- Troubleshooting and continuous improvement of installation and technology.
- Health and Safety across all functions
- Ensure the commerciality of the service centre
- Fully computer literate, MS Office etc.
- Bus or truck service and maintenance or associated product/technology supplier.
- Management of small teams
- Hands-on trouble shooting capability.
- Engineering apprenticeship/qualifications desirable
- Commercial awareness and willingness to develop new sale avenues for existing technology.
Would like to have experience of:
- Experience in the PSV market, ideally with London bus operators
- Cummins Insite or other diagnostic tools
- Exhaust aftertreatment
- Similar customer programs with operators.
Position is London based, ideally around the East London area. Time will be required at the service centre, occasional working from home, daily travel between sites.
This is an excellent role for candidates that are keen to progress into an Operational role, perhaps bringing with them, ideas and best practice from a larger organisation within the Truck and Bus Sector.
We are keen to see applications from candidates working in the truck and bus sector, OEM or for an operator.