- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Jordyn Disspain
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Duration: 6 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 25 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61782
Job title: Operations Manager
Role: 6-month contract (permanent opportunity available)
Hours: 36.5-hour week Mon-Fri
Location: Coventry (CV4)
We require a Head of Maintenance Operations within the Estates department for one of the world's leading research and education groups, with function in industrial, design, R&D, residential, public/retail, food & drink and more. This is an amazing opportunity to join an excellent business who; provide employee discounts, value your work/life balance, and your health & wellbeing plus more.
The Operations Manager will manage a team to ensure the safe, compliant, efficient operation and maintenance of all buildings, building systems and infrastructure, and relevant external public realm. The Head of Maintenance Operations ensures the efficient and effective delivery of reactive, planned, and statutory maintenance functions; this includes providing an emergency reactive service for all building disciplines across all operated properties; overall ensuring that buildings are statutory compliant, well maintained, and operational – including long-term capital planning and delivery. The role will provide and coordinate small scale improvement works through in-house labour and contractors and ensure that the campus infrastructure – including roads, power, and water – are safe, fit-for-purpose, and resilient.
Your will be required to:
- Manage day-to-day operational maintenance and response to maintenance and Estates issues (including emergencies) through the team of Planners, Zone Managers, and direct labour, ensuring targets, SLAs and KPIs are met and reported on at senior management level. To ensure Estates respond quickly and professionally to resolve problems (through both their teams and the wider department). To Provide excellent customer-focused, cost-effective, and efficient services and take a holistic approach to the maintenance and operations of buildings and outside spaces.
- Review, design and implement new systems and new working practices (using benchmarking data and competitor analysis) to ensure a safe, cost effective, customer focussed, operationally effective, service delivery organisation which is fit for purpose for an ever-developing, technical and expanding campus. To direct the delivery of all “Hard Facilities Management” services to the operated buildings including external paths and roads. Development and Management of the delivery of the prescribed statutory and routine, planned maintenance, ensuring compliance and adequate audit trail.
- Development of maintenance policies and systems to deliver a quality, efficient, effective service whilst ensuring value for money, and safety compliance of the works undertaken, by in-house and external specialist consultants/contractors. Direct the use of external contracts and act as Project Manager where required for the maintenance and operational requirements.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement where ownership and efficient resolution of issues is expected. Promote excellent customer service, team working and empower the team to use initiative to exceed customer expectations and achieve ambitious targets. Ensure business cases justify decisions about method of delivery (out-sourced/in-sourced) to provide the best quality of service and/or access to specialist skills/knowledge within budget to ensure compliance. To ensure there are processes to manage and oversee the work of external contractors.
- Provide a consistent high level of service to a broad customer base with diverse needs and requirements across the campus zones. Ensure that specialist maintenance requirements are met where applicable. Work with other Estates customer-facing roles, including the Fabric, Mechanical and Electrical technical specialist teams to coordinate soft and hard service delivery to ensure a consistent and wholistic customer response and experience.
As the Operations Manager, you should have the following skills and competencies:
- A degree probably in Building Services, Engineering, or equivalent experience. National Examination Board Health and Safety Certificate (NEBOSH) or equivalent. Chartered & Member of a related professional body such as Chartered Institute of Building Services (CIBSE), CIOB or equivalent.
- Significant experience of working in a complex estate’s environment dealing with a broad variety of building types and across all areas of fabric, electrical, and mechanical. To have a proven background in managing customer relationships.
- Significant relevant experience at a senior level within a large complex (equivalent) organisation. Significant experience and background of managing and maintaining large local infrastructure and plant. To have a proven ability to manage budgets.
- Management of Asbestos in Buildings qualification BOHS P405/3. NEBOSH General Certificate, Certificate in Fire Safety, Certificate in Construction. Experience developing, placing, and working with various forms of JCT/NEC3 contracts. Able to use AutoCAD – understanding or REVIT, BIM. Lean process practitioner. Duty Holder/Responsible person qualifications for Water Hygiene.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Maintenance Operations, with experience within estates, facilities or building services, to join and support a business with diverse function.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now if you have a background in Operations Manager. If you have any questions about the Estates Contracts Manager role, please contact Jordyn Disspain at Jonathan Lee Recruitment using firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.