Operations Manager - Hertford
Salary circa £65,000 (DOE) + bonus + car allowance & pension
An experienced Operations Manager is required for an established SME Manufacturing business. As a manufacturer of low to medium volume assembled products the company has seen a dramatic increase in their technology led products. With an increased sales pipeline, the future is very bright and the order book will continue to grow as the next generation of products comes onto the market. The Board, having reviewed the present production system, are looking to introduce lean manufacturing methods and an operations strategy based on rapid response, right first time, no fault forward and short lead time manufacturing principles. The role of Operations Manager will involve working with the existing production team to develop a modern responsive manufacturing facility. The position requires an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to train, coach and work with people to create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver against exacting SQCD targets.
To be considered for this Operations Manager position you must have or be:
- Experience working as a Manufacturing Manager/Operations Manager/Operations Excellence Manager or Continuous Improvement specialist within a manufacturing assembly environment
- A thorough understanding of JIT, 5S, Kanban, and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, root cause analysis, A3 thinking or DMAIC.
- Experience of working within a fast paced, light engineering, medium volume assembly environment that could include automotive, electronics, electronic device manufacture or general engineering.
- A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally degree qualified with experience of using modern ERP/MRP and shop floor data capture systems.
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement, establishing standard operating procedures and simple but effective KPIs.
- An understanding of cell manufacturing and establishing production systems that can handle a product mix based on Runners, Repeaters and strangers.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business will be required.
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate with an excellent understanding of capacity planning and production scheduling.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create understanding and a desire to change in the people you work with at all levels
This is a challenging high profile role and you will work as part of a close knit management team that will report directly into the Managing Director. The role of Operations Manager will be a catalyst for change and require strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery and the highest levels of customer service.