- Sector: Medical Devices
- Function: Operations
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59079
Salary circa £55,000 - £65,000 (DOE) + benefits and relocation assistance
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
As Operations Manager for this medium/heavy engineering business, you will be joining a progressive SME part of a larger group that has a strong brand and reputation for manufacturing engineering excellence. The company supplies machined and fabricated assemblies across a range of industrial sectors. They are now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Operations Manager who will report directly to the Managing Director and become an active member of the senior management team. To be successful in this role you will have significant operations management experience gained from working within a highly regulated manufacturing engineering environment. The position requires an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to work with people, challenge tradition and create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver exacting QCD targets.
To be considered for this Operations Manager position you must have or be:
- Working as a Production Team Leader, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager or be a Continuous Improvement specialist looking to move into operations management.
- Able to develop a sustainable culture of continuous improvement with all the necessary policies and procedures to ensure the health safety and wellbeing of all employees.
- A background that demonstrates an ability to deliver through the effective deployment of resources with a solid understanding of HR management gained within a production, manufacturing, or project engineering environment.
- Able to develop and sustain effective and efficient manufacturing methods for volume products of significant contract duration, develop robust client relationships and constantly looking for improvement.
- A thorough understanding of modern manufacturing methods, visual management, JIT, 5S, Kanban, and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, A3 Thinking, 5 Whys and root cause analysis.
- Experience of working within a fast paced, high variety, low to medium volume machining or fabrication and assembly environment and be familiar with a work mix based on runners, repeaters and strangers.
- An Engineering, Manufacturing, Management or Quality qualification to HNC/HND level or above ideally supported by a post graduate management or business qualification.
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement, setting high standards built upon standard operating procedures and able to implement simple but effective KPIs that will drive and underpin productivity improvement.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business, breaking down silos, developing flexibility, creating engagement, and a team-based ethos.
- Excellent communication skills, setting high standards, leading by example, with a tenacious approach to continuous improvement and instilling disciplines that will deliver exceptional levels of productivity, quality and customer service.
- A dynamic and driven personality, with an ability to build robust working relationships across the company, work effectively at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom, with customers and suppliers alike.
This is a challenging Operations Manager position with real scope for growth and personal development working as part of a close-knit management team. This team is fully committed to a business transformation and you will play a central role in delivering change across the manufacturing operation and wider business. The role of Operations Manager will be a catalyst for change and will require strong leadership, people management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Quality, Cost and Delivery that ensures the highest levels of customer service is achieved.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.