- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Operations
- Contact: Simon Roberts
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446113
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 57692
Salary circa £40,000 - £50,000 (DOE) + benefits and relocation,
An Operations Manager, Lean Improvement specialist is required for an established family-owned SME Manufacturing business. As a manufacturer of high manual work content products, the company is looking to introduce new ways of working. The Board have now developed a business strategy based on fast reaction, short lead time manufacturing and are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to facilitate a programme of change based on lean manufacturing principles. This is an exciting opportunity to take a traditional manufacturing department demonstrate lean best practice and then work towards a complete lean transformation across the whole site. The position requires an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to work with people, challenge tradition and create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver exacting QCD targets.
To be considered for this Operations Manager position you must have / or be;
- Working as a Production Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager or be a Continuous Improvement specialist looking to move into management operating within a fast-paced manual assembly order fulfilment production environment.
- A thorough understanding of cell manufacturing, visual management, JIT, 5S, Kanban, and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, A3 Thinking, 5 Whys and root cause analysis.
- Experience of working within a fast paced, high variety, low to medium volume assembly environment and be familiar with a work mix based on strangers, runners and repeaters.
- A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally ONC/HNC/HND/degree qualified with experience of production planning & scheduling within an MRP/ERP environment. systems
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement, setting high standards built upon standard operating procedures.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business will be required.
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate and prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to create understanding and a desire to change in the people you work with at all levels.
This is a challenging role with real scope for growth and personal development, you will work as part of a close-knit management team that reports directly into the Managing Director. This team is fully committed to a business transformation and you will play a central role in delivering the necessary change across manufacturing and the wider business. The role of Operations Manager will be a catalyst for change and require strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Quality Cost and Delivery that ensures the highest levels of customer service.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.