3 months ago
£Competitive plus car, pension, PHC and bonus
Packaging Solutions Manufacturing
An Operations Director is required provide leadership and direction for the daily operation of the plant and supporting equipment and systems. Candidates with experience of optimising plant performance through appropriate utilisation of manpower, equipment and resources would be well received.
The client, a global innovative packaging solutions manufacturer, based in Slough, requires a proactive Operations Director to manage daily operations to ensure performance is aligned to objectives, achieving budget and managing cost. As an Operations Director you will be required to:
- Be the site safety champion by ensuring a safety culture operates throughout the facility.
- Collaborate with the Quality Manager to ensure that SOPs are established and updated as required so that plant meets customer expectations for quality and service
- Ensure that a short and long term detailed production plan is completed and the performance against the plan is measured
- Review production reports, activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity against the company goals
- Optimise plant performance through appropriate utilisation of manpower, equipment and resources.
- Develop and review a rolling 5-year strategy to ensure the UK operations function is fit for the future.
- Implement programs and activities that provide a culture of identifying actions required to prevent safety, quality and service incidents.
- Train, coach and mentor Production Shift Supervisors, Production Managers and other direct reports and ensure that all operations personnel received safety, quality and process training as required
- Prepare reports detailing significant production activities and update on operation plan and objectives
The Operations Director should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
- Directly related work experience in a manufacturing and production environment
- Management experience
- Ability to develop, lead, inspire and maintain a team-based organisation
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and provide solutions
- Strong communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate problems and observations
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with solid experience in change management, process improvement and process optimisation to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Slough based company will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Operations Director and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Operations Director role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.