West Midlands, England
£80000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits
about 2 years ago
Operations Director - Aerospace
Salary circa £80,000 - £90,000 (DOE) + Benefits
General location: Coventry, West/East Midlands
An experienced Operations Director is required for this established aerospace manufacturing business. With an established brand and a strong reputation for innovation and engineering excellence, this business supplies products to specialist aerospace part manufacturers and primes. As part of a programme of change, the business is now keen to recruit a forward-thinking Operations Director who will report directly to the Managing Director. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected aerospace engineering and manufacturing business and establish sustainable world class manufacturing principles through the development of people, a culture of continuous improvement and full employee engagement.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing transformation projects that include the deployment of lean manufacturing and the development of a high performing culture that can deliver exceptional products and excellent customer service. The Operations Director will require good communication skills, be commercially aware and have a strong manufacturing/operations background that can deliver against exacting client QCD targets.
To be considered for this Operations Director position you must have:
- Experience working in a senior production or operations role in a medium volume precision manufacturing environment with a good understanding of cell manufacturing (runners, repeaters & strangers) within a CNC machining and processing environment.
- Establish visual management systems, simple but effective KPIs and measures with Health and Safety being at the top of the agenda.
- A thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing principles including TPM, JIT, 5S, SMED and problem-solving techniques particularly DMAIC, 5why and root cause analysis.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or manufacturing discipline ideally supported by a post graduate management qualification or membership of a professional body, IMechE or IET.
- Significant people management and situational leadership experience, lead by example, setting high standards with excellent project management skills.
- A dynamic and driven personality, confident and comfortable working across all levels of a manufacturing business. Happy to be out on the shop floor supporting managers and teams involved in value adding production processes.
- A real passion for coaching and mentoring with the ability to build high performing self- directed teams
- Strong communication skills with an ability to build robust working relationships across the business and work effectively at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom and across the wider group.
This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity and presents a unique chance to work within a close-knit team and a business that has ambition for change and growth. The ideal background for this Operations Director role will be machined precision components within aerospace, automotive, general engineering, oil or gas. At present you will probably be working as an Operations Director, Head of Manufacturing, Manufacturing Director, General Manager or Operational Excellence Director.