- Sector: Energy
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 26 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59263
Job Title: Operations & Technical Engineer
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
We are currently recruiting for an Operations & Technical Engineer to work for our client at their facility in Borehamwood, the role will be reporting to the Technical and Quality Manager and will be working heavily across the technical division and the Production departments. The role will be responsible for progressing electrical and mechanical elements of contract through engineering and works across all project phrases.
The role as Operations and Technical Engineer will be involved in manging projects for equipment supply and turnkey installation to commercial and technical completion within contract requirements and would suit someone who has experience of industrial boiler equipment, fluid heaters, steam generators and thermal equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting the Production Works Supervisor with progressing contracts through Engineering & Works using the company’s computer system and associated filing.
- Communicating with cross functional project team members or departments and collaborate with suppliers and Group factories and Technical Departments as needed regarding product design and operation.
- Progressing the electrical engineering of contracts including control circuit design, site wiring diagrams and associated documentation including compiling manuals.
- Preparing & revising mechanical drawings including P&IDs, GAs & PED standard drawings.
- Ensuring accurate information is gathered and presented to Contracts Engineers to ensure equipment compliance with design data within the framework of the Company’s Quality Procedures and to enable the procurement and manufacture of equipment to fulfil contractual requirements.
- Preparing and updating Technical Service Department documents including standard manual sections, datasheets & Technical Services Communications producing product and component selection and use information to colleagues in Contracts and Service Departments
- Assisting the Production Works Supervisor with Facilities Management.
- Contracting builders & maintenance companies to carry out maintenance & repairs to the site
- Negotiating utility supply contracts.
- Assisting the Technical and Quality manager with Health and Safety and Quality Management functions.
- Health & Safety – conducting and reviewing risk assessments for activities and implementing controls or actions as a result.
- Quality Management. Revising and updating the companies Quality Manual and Inter Procedures, assisting with progressing Quality Incident Reports.
- Working with purchasing, applications and servicing divisions.
- We are looking for a practical Engineering professional ideally with experience in the process and practicalities of system design within an ISO 9001 quality driven business.
- Ideal experience would be from within mechanical or electrical engineering services with specific reference to steam or high temperature process heating applications, but other backgrounds will be considered.
- Use of AutoCAD in preparing Electrical Circuit Diagrams / P+IDs / GA drawings.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of applications.
- A track record in working on medium sized technology orientated, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking ability
- Strong written English and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work within a team environment and to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the Company structure and with our customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge of French or Italian would be advantageous but is not essential
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.