Flexible working hours
Our client is a leader in their field, an innovator, developer, manufacturer and supplier of speciality procedural packs and vascular access devices for use across a range of clinical departments.
The business has been providing exception and trusted products and services to the NHS for over 50 years and are proud to be British and Independent.
They are now looking for a Operational Planner to implement and prioritise all production planning into manufacturing, ensuring the highest standards of customer focus into all aspects of the planning activity. The Demand Planner will meet customers agreed on time delivery targets while maximising the cost-effective use of production resources and minimising stock levels. Responsible for the forecast of all manufactured product; this forecast will be multi-level and will also drive stocking policies and levels of BNS products.
- As production levels grow significantly, continuously drive efficiency's through the planning process to meet increasingly higher standards of performance, including the company's commitment to 100% on time delivery of packs and top product lines.
- With the buyers, develop and implement planning strategies that will allow the business to significantly decrease its stock holding while always meeting its performance standards
- Manage the internal order process to, ensuring approval of orders are authorised in line with production efficiency and customer requirements requiring strong and effective communication with the Sales Team and Customer Care.
- Liaise with production management/purchasing to (resolve) prevent shortages in materials or labour to ensure production plan is completed on time.
- Accurately issue the Batch Reports in line with Production Plans on a daily frequency basis.
- Monitor progress of the production plan/schedule via IFS data ensuring we keep our customers informed of changes that may affect expected delivery dates.
- Develop strong working relationships with key areas of the production operations, such as Purchasing, Specifications, Kitting up and QC.
- Maintain customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
- Provide input to the inventory buyers in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans and forecasts with inventory buyers.
- Utilise a collaborative approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Product Managers to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Experience in a similar role, ideally including master scheduling/demand forecasting via MRP systems within a high pressurised sale driven manufacturing environment.
- Experience of a High SKU count
- Experience in JIT
- You must be extremely organised
- Ability to multi task
- A strong character with the ability to manage stakeholders with different business focus
You must have the right to work in the UK with relevant experience to be considered
If you meet the above criteria and you are looking for your next challenge in this industry leading, innovative medical company, then apply online for consideration or forward your latest CV